Saturday, April 30, 2011

The Plan


 April ended with a wonderful South Texas District Council. We had wonderful speakers for every service and the Spirit of the Lord moved in the hearts of those in attendance. Stacey and I are truly blessed to be part of a wonderful fellowship.

Thursday morning during the prayer service the Spirit of God spoke a powerful and timely word into my heart. The Spirit said to me, "I have given you the vision, and I will lead you in my plan to see the vision fulfilled.”  I just began to weep before God as He also reminded me of Jeremiah 19:11, “For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans for welfare and not for evil, to give you a future and a hope.

As many of you know I am a detail guy, someone who likes to have a plan and follow it. By God’s grace he has given me many great visions for His will in my life and I have been privileged to see some of them come to fulfillment. As I reflect on those victories I see that it was never my plans that led to eventual success. It is only when I surrendered to God’s plan that success was realized.

As Stacey and I began this new missionary endeavor God gave us a vision of a church in Stuttgart full of military families growing in grace, sharing their faith, and daily worshiping God. So I formed a plan to get us there, my plan, not His. That Thursday morning in prayer at council God showed me my foolishness, and I was broken.

The new plan is this, trust the Lord and His plan as He chooses to reveal it to me in prayer and His Word. My daily goal is to walk in obedience to the leading of the Holy Spirit. This time the vision is too big for my plan and the stakes too high to fail. God has called us and given us a great vision and He knows the plans He has for us. Our only job is to follow the plan.

No comments:

Post a Comment