Saturday, February 13, 2010

Food Inc.

Last night I watched a movie that was sincere, eye opening, and a little frightening.  Food Inc., a documentary released last year is now out on DVD.  This film exposes the way food is controlled, produced, and subsidized in the US.

One contributer in the movie is the author of the book Fast Food Nation, Eric Schlosser.  I read this book several years ago and it changed the way I eat.  The book takes the work of Schlosser a step farther examining the impact of the food industry on people, the environment, and the global impact of food production in the US.

I don't make a habit of recommending movies on this blog and I am not starting that habit today.  I believe every Christian should see this movie because it will educate them as to how to become a better steward of their money, body, and the environment.  We are stewards not only of our finances but of our body and environment, all three belong to God and the care of them has been entrusted to us.  We should take care of what we put into this body that is not our own but is dedicated to the worship and service of Christ.

No comments:

Post a Comment