Monday, September 20, 2010

Thank You


Once in a while I hear from one of our former students. I received this message a couple of days ago and I wanted to share it with everyone. It is not a testimony of our ministry as much as it is of God's wonderful grace and powerful calling upon the hearts of His people. Though this letter is to me as you read it you will see the real hero is Jesus. I have omitted certain personal details and the students name.

Hey Pastor Matt!
 

I'm just going to cut it to the chase

Thank you.

Since I was eight you've encouraged, mentored, and challenged my walk with Christ. I think sometimes when people are raised in church we turn on autopilot and sometimes check out and I believe that was me. I knew that God was real and that He loved me and stuff but I don't think I knew who God was.


I've even had to step down (from ministry) a few times because my walk with Christ was...pretty much non existent. I clung to a mask of smiles and handshakes covering a life of sin, and filth. I was living in sin and also mocking God with my presence in the church.


Thank God for my parents, who fear the Lord, for showing me Jesus even when I spat in their faces.
And thank you, for calling me out, for your boldness in what you minister to us because its God's convicting Word and nothing less.
 

My moms greatest fear was sending me off to college, she even tried to "Marry me off" but it was only Jesus Christ that could save me. He did! Believe it or not, on August 8th 2010, I fully surrendered my life to Jesus. I cant believe that I sat in church all theses years and played an act, but He is faithful and He still pursued me. and I just wanted to let you know that.

Jesus is moving at my school. I'm involved in some Campus for Christ ministries, but its the people, I have strong sisters and brothers in Christ that have been my iron sharping me. We know in our hearts that God has called us to do something big, so please pray for us.

But thank you. Thank you for your faithfulness and your love for Jesus, because you have been my role model all these years and great will be your reward in Heaven.


I just felt the need to tell you...so thanks again.

"And how can they preach unless they are sent? As it is written, "How beautiful are the feet of those who bring good news!" 
Romans 10:15 (NIV)

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for sharing - it brought joyful tears to my eyes. God is good!

    ReplyDelete